Manchester City see off West Ham in opening day rehearsal
Raheem Sterling's brace formed part of Man City easing to victory against West Ham in what was a friendly version of their opening league fixture on August 10.
Raheem Sterling struck a brace and Rodri made his debut as Manchester City came from behind to comfortably beat West Ham 4-1 in a pre-season friendly in China.
City Sterling at the double
Mark Noble converted a 26th-minute penalty but David Silva and Lukas Nmecha, who also scored from the spot, combined to overturn City's deficit by the break.
England star Sterling took charge from there, scoring twice after his half-time introduction to give Pep Guardiola a winning start to the tour of Asia.
Club-record signing Rodri lasted almost 70 minutes on his first appearance since joining from Atlético Madrid for a reported £62.8m.
Left-back Angelino, brought back to Manchester after a season at Eredivisie side PSV, also started and it was his blatant handball that gifted Hammers captain Noble the opener.
Spanish midfielder Silva quickly equalised following a superb pass from teenage compatriot Adrian Bernabe and young forward Nmecha stroked the Premier League champions ahead after bring tripped by Angelo Ogbonna.
Two composed finishes from Sterling in the space of 13 second-half minutes completed the scoring and booked City's place alongside Wolves, 4-0 victors over Newcastle United, in Saturday's final of the Premier League Asia Trophy.
West Ham meet Newcastle in the tournament's third-place play-off before returning home to face Fulham, for which new signing Sebastian Haller should be available.
Te recomendamos en English
- US Election 2020 Early voting in Florida: when will it end and where can I vote?
- Halloween What's the origin, meaning and history of Halloween?
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Real Madrid edge ahead of Barcelona in historical rivalry
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Sergio Ramos was fortunate with Clásico penalty, says AS referee
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: why will Donald Trump vote in Florida?
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Ansu Fati becomes second youngest scorer in El Clásico history