Ibra on #StormArea51: They won't find another Zlatan in there
The LA Galaxy superstar and former Manchester United striker had a chuckle about the internet joke doing the rounds about a mass charge on the top secret site.
Can those planning to storm Area 51 expect to see another Zlatan Ibrahimovic? No.
Almost two million people have RSVP'd to a Facebook event to "Storm Area 51" – a classified US Air Force training base in Nevada which conspiracy theorists believe harbours information about extraterrestrial life.
A disclaimer in the Facebook event claims it is all a joke, but it has not stopped #StormArea51 from taking the internet by storm.
When LA Galaxy superstar Ibrahimovic fronted the media on Wednesday, he was asked what might be in Area 51.
Zlatan: "I have my own Area 51"
"Not another Zlatan. That's for sure," Ibrahimovic joked with reporters.
Asked if they would let Ibrahimovic into Area 51, former Manchester United, Paris Saint-Germain and Barcelona striker Ibrahimovic replied: "I have my own area 51."
Ibrahimovic has enjoyed another fine season in MLS, with 13 goals for the Galaxy.
The 37-year-old's goals have helped the Galaxy to third position in the Western Conference, 12 points adrift of leaders Los Angeles FC after 20 games.
Te recomendamos en English
- LaLiga The twenty innovations that have changed Spanish football
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today
- BARCELONA Setién: "Messi absolutely needs to rest"
- Liverpool 1-1 Burnley Klopp explains referee row at end of Burnley match
- CORONAVIRUS Disney World opens despite coronavirus: Park Restrictions
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: tens of thousands of Americans sent two payments by mistake