Bayern Munich planning a move for Celta midfielder Brais Méndez
According to German media outlet Kicker, the Bundesliga giants will meet the 22-year-old Spain international's release clause of 25 million euros.
Bayern Munich have made a surprise move for Celta and Spain attacking midfielder Brais Méndez, who had a breakthrough season in LaLiga in 2018-19 that led to a call-up to the senior La Roja side.
Bayern looking to youth this summer
Brais is under contract at Balaídos until 30 June, 2021, but has a tempting minimum release clause of just 25 million euros written into his current deal. Bayern are looking to rejuvenate their squad this summer after the departures of Franck Ribéry, Arjen Robben and Mats Hummels, so far bringing in Lucas Hernández (23), Benjamin Pavard (23) and Jann-Fiete Arp (19).
Brais certainly fits that bill and Celta have reportedly given the green light to the deal with the club’s finances not in the greatest of states. Brais has made 55 appearances for Celt in total, scoring seven goals and providing eight assists. He made his Spain debut against Bosnia and Herzegovina last November and scored the only goal of the game after coming on as a substitute.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Madrid board angry with Zidane's rest day decision ahead of Sevilla clash
- Capello backs De Ligt to shine at Juventus
- Premier League holds talks with Twitter over racism
- REAL MADRID Mourinho rules out Madrid return because Zidane is already in place
- Hudson-Odoi relishing 'more positive vibe' at Lampard's Chelsea
- BARCELONA Valverde to debut his star trio against Granada