Bayern Munich planning a move for Celta midfielder Brais Méndez
According to German media outlet Kicker, the Bundesliga giants will meet the 22-year-old Spain international's release clause of 25 million euros.
Bayern Munich have made a surprise move for Celta and Spain attacking midfielder Brais Méndez, who had a breakthrough season in LaLiga in 2018-19 that led to a call-up to the senior La Roja side.
Bayern looking to youth this summer
Brais is under contract at Balaídos until 30 June, 2021, but has a tempting minimum release clause of just 25 million euros written into his current deal. Bayern are looking to rejuvenate their squad this summer after the departures of Franck Ribéry, Arjen Robben and Mats Hummels, so far bringing in Lucas Hernández (23), Benjamin Pavard (23) and Jann-Fiete Arp (19).
Brais certainly fits that bill and Celta have reportedly given the green light to the deal with the club’s finances not in the greatest of states. Brais has made 55 appearances for Celt in total, scoring seven goals and providing eight assists. He made his Spain debut against Bosnia and Herzegovina last November and scored the only goal of the game after coming on as a substitute.
Te recomendamos en English
- Football Edinson Cavani apologises for social media post
- LIGA MX Miguel Herrera to continue as the head coach of Club América
- LIGA MX Paul Aguilar will play in Major League Soccer next year
- Football Aspetar to host sports medicine forum until Qatar 2022
- US Election 2020 US Election: when is the electoral college vote?
- FORTNITE Fortnite Galactus Live Event: date and times