Mendy to emulate Roberto Carlos and Marcelo - Karembeu
Expectations are high for the French full-back and his compatriot has been speaking very positively about what he could become.
Ex-Real Madrid player Christian Karembeu has given his endorsement to the club's signing of his French compatriot Ferland Mendy, who he likens to the legend that was Roberto Carlos
Mendy to emulate Carlos or Marcelo
Speaking to L'Équipe, the midfielder who played for Nantes, Samdoria, Middlesbrough and Olympiacos among others, was very positive about the potential that Los Blancos have brought to left-back. But it is also the flexibility of the 24-year old that excites.
- Worth a read | Ferland Mendy, from a wheelchair to Real Madrid left-back
"I think Real Madrid's signing of Ferland Mendy is a good opportunity for both, and for Zinédine Zidane's new project. He can also play on the right side and could turn out to be the next Roberto Carlos or Marcelo," said the now retired French international.
No pressure then, Ferland.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Modric first Ballon d'Or holder to miss shortlist
- FOOTBALL Barcelona pay Atlético €15m as peace offering over Griezmann
- BARCELONA Barcelona in Atlético first-refusal deal; Sául, Giménez included
- Champions League Champions League: Cristiano Ronaldo targets another record
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: Carragher apologises to Evra for Luis Suárez T-shirts
- Copa Libertadores Boca Juniors vs River Plate: how and where to watch: times, tv, online