Modric would be perfect for AC Milan's growth - Maldini
AC Milan technical director Paolo Malidini has said that Modric's profile would be perfect for the club but they have not contacted Real Madrid regarding the Croatian.
AC Milan technical director Paolo Maldini has said that Luka Modric would be the perfect player to help foster the growth of young players at the Serie A club, but stressed that there have been no negotiations opened with Real Madrid following reports linking El Rossoneri with the Croatian midfielder earlier this week.
"We have never negotiated for Modric, although we have always said that we are looking for both young and experienced players. Modric's profile would be perfect for the growth of our young players, but we have never negotiated for him," said Maldini, who attended the press conference of new signing, and Modric’s former team mate, Theo Hernandez.
“The transfer market is lengthy and at this moment the prices are high, we need players in certain positions, but many profiles are very expensive," the Milan director added.
Modric, who will turn 34 this September, was reportedly close to signing for Milan’s city rivals Inter last summer, but finally decided to stay at Real Madrid.
Maldini: Theo won of the best full-backs in the world
Maldini also spoke about new singing Hernandez, who has joined the club from Real Madrid for 20 million euros, and rated him as one of the best full-backs in the world.
“Theo has great quality, he has already played and won the Champions League, he is one of the best full-backs in the world and he has to set himself the goal of being one of the best three in that position,” said the former Italy international.
“His plan was to open a new chapter of this career and it was the perfect time to come to Milan.”
Te recomendamos en English
- TAX SEASON 2021 IRS unemployment refund update: how to track and check its state
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS How filing a tax return could help you get third stimulus check plus-up payments
- PERSONAL FINANCE Who qualifies for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) in California?
- Serie A Pirlo: Cristiano Ronaldo happy to be substituted
- REAL MADRID Zidane to leave Real Madrid at the end of the season
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández scores his seventh goal of the season in MLS