Eriksen offered to Atlético Madrid as James alternative
A representative from the North London club met with Atleti's Miguel Ángel Gil to discuss a potential move for the Dane who is out of contract in 2020.
Atlético Madrid are still not finished their business in the current transfer window. The possible departure of Ángel Correa to Milan forces the Spanish side to bolster their attacking midfield options with an alternative name linked to the LaLiga side should the deal to secure James Rodríguez flounder, that of Christian Eriksen.
A representative from the North London side met with Atleti's CEO Miguel Ángel Gil to discuss the Danish player's future with a figure of 60-70 million euro associated with his signature. At present Eriksen's current contract with Spurs expires in 2020 and there have been no in-roads in securing an extension with the Premier League side.
The 27-year-old Danish international has been linked with a number of clubs in recent months with heavy rumours earlier this year that the player was destined for a move to the Santiago Bernabéu.
At present Eriksen is carrying out pre-season with Tottenham in Singapore where they will participate in the 2019 International Champions Cup. The Dane is training alone after coach Pochettino confirmed that the player underwent "minor surgery" recently. Last season the attacking midfielder featured in 51 games for the Premier League side bagging ten goals and providing 17 assists. He currently has a market value of 100 million euro according to online transfer market portal Transfermarkt.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 at Black Friday: restock times and deals at Walmart, GameStop, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Stimulus check: what to do if the deadline has passed?
- THANKSGIVING Bank opening hours on Thanksgiving 2020: Bank of America, Citi, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: why are economists calling for a new payment?
- Thanksgiving Stores opening hours in Thanksgiving 2020: Walmart, Target, Costco...