Joao Félix forced off injured after 27 minutes of Atlético debut
The Portuguese arrived as Atlético Madrid's record signing for €126 million this summer but was injured in the first half of his first start against Numancia.
Joao Félix lasted just 27 minutes of his Atlético Madrid debut. The club's record signing started against Numancia in Atlético's first preseason game and took a knock to the thigh area before being replaced by Angel Correa.
Simeone trotted out as many as five new signing with Kieran Trippier, Mario Hermoso, Renan Lodi, Marcos Llorente and Joao Felix all wearing the jersey for the first time. One of Simeone's objectives this summer is toughening up Felix but it seems the Argentine has a ways to go although it was an unfortunate collision that led to the injury.
Bright start by Felix in Atlético debut
He suffered the injury 10 minutes before being forced off when he signalled to the bench that he couldn't take any more. In that opening 25 minutes, however, he played an important role in linking Atlético Madrid's attack and midfield.
Operating in a number 10 role and roving all around the attacking third of the field, he showed some nice flashes in the penalty area too. He had a shot that tested the keeper early and delivered a ball over the top to Diego Costa that led to a failed penalty shout.
Given how early it is in preseason and with the work being done on the training field, Atlético were not willing to take chances with their record signing and whipped him off when he let them know he wasn't 100%.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Mendy reveals his ‘difficulties’ he had at Real Madrid presentation
- Rumour Has It: Barca, Madrid targeting Klopp & Van Dijk
- PSG - REAL MADRID Gareth Bale to start for Real Madrid against PSG
- MLS Ibrahimovic: 'Scoring goals is easy, you just have to be like...'
- Champions League Bayern Munich: Alaba suffers thigh tear and will miss Red Star
- Serie A Inter Milan: Conte bemoans profligacy after 1-0 win