Pochettino on Bale: I don't know if Tottenham have bid for him
Tottenham have been linked with a move for Real Madrid's Gareth Bale but Mauricio Pochettino says a decision is out of his hands.
Mauricio Pochettino does not know if Tottenham have made a bid to sign their former player Gareth Bale from Real Madrid.
Zinedine Zidane revealed on Sunday that Madrid are working on selling the Wales international after omitting him from the squad that lost to Bayern Munich in the International Champions Cup (ICC) on Saturday.
Zidane seemed to indicate the club were in negotiations with a particular club, saying: "We are working on his transfer to a new team."
"I don't know which club is trying to sign him"
Newspaper reports on Sunday have suggested that Paris Saint-Germain are interested in a swap deal involving Neymar, while Pochettino - speaking after his side's 3-2 ICC win over Juventus - refused to rule out if his chairman Daniel Levy has tabled an offer for the 30-year-old.
"I saw the reports in the media but I don't know which club is trying to sign him," he told reporters.
"I don't have any information from my chairman; I don't know if it's us or another club. It's the job of my chairman."
Kane stunner earns Spurs last-gasp win over Juve
Harry Kane struck a sensational stoppage-time winner from the halfway line as Pochettino's side opened up their pre-season campaign with a win over Juve in Singapore.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Bayern Munich: Alaba suffers thigh tear and will miss Red Star
- Serie A Inter Milan: Conte bemoans profligacy after 1-0 win
- BARCELONA Paco Alcácer: "I was treated very badly by some people at Barcelona"
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid have the budget to sign a galáctico next summer
- RELAÑO Benzema, James, Hazard... and VAR
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: Zidane brushes off Bale's "scapegoat" claim