Koulibaly, Mahrez and Mané named in CAN 2019 ideal XI
Algeria head coach Djamel Belmadi was named manager of the competition with Ismael Bennacer named player of the competition.
CAF (African Football Confederation) have confirmed their perfect XI following Friday's conclusion of the 2019 edition of the Africa Cup of Nations staged in Egypt. The perfect eleven features a heavy presence of players from finalists Algeria and Senegal.
Kalidou Koulibaly, Riyad Mahrez and Sadio Mané are the three high profile names who make the XI. Senegal defenders Gassama and Sabaly, midfielder Idrissa Gueye and Liverpool Sadio Mané complete the representation of the Lions of Teranga in the XI. Algeria's M'bolhi is the perfect keeper with compatriots Guediora and Bennacer in midfield with Mahrez in attack. The remainder of the side is composed of Tunisia's Meriah along with top scorer at AFCON 2019, Nigeria's Ighalo.
Algeria's Djamel Belmadi: AFCON coach of the tournament ideal
Claiming Algeria's second ever CAN win was enough to see Les Fennecs manager Djamel Belmadi named as the best coach in Egypt with Algeria lifting the trophy for the first time in 29 years.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Kroos is having the best season of his Real Madrid career
- World Cup 2022 Work at the Al Bayt stadium almost complete
- Bundesliga Dortmund: Mourinho in line to replace under-fire Favre
- Champions League Pep Guardiola loses patience with slow Stones
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Spurs squad '1000 per cent' behind Pochettino
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Suárez bids to end away drought: Champions League in numbers