Tottenham's Kane: Juventus goal "One of the best of my career"
Tottenham sealed a 3-2 International Champions Cup victory over Juventus thanks to Harry Kane's stunning goal from the halfway line.
Harry Kane described his sensational goal against Juventus on Sunday as "probably one of the best of my career".
Kane wonder goal wins pre-season clash against Italians
Tottenham appeared to be heading for a deciding penalty shoot-out in their International Champions Cup clash with the Italian champions in Singapore before Kane's spectacular intervention in stoppage time.
The England captain spotted Wojciech Szczesny off his line and beat him from just inside Juve's half with a precision strike to secure a dramatic 3-2 win in Spurs' first pre-season game ahead of the 2019-20 campaign.
Kane has scored some wonderful goals during his career but he believes the one against Juve ranks alongside his very best.
"It's probably one of the best goals in my career," he said in a post-match interview.
"I saw in part of the game the keeper [Szczesny] was quite far off the line, so I thought if I get a chance to shoot, I'm going to shoot and thankfully it went in."
Kane pleased to get minutes under his belt
Kane was introduced as a half-time substitute and is satisfied to start getting pitch time under his belt ahead of the new season.
"It's been great to get 45 minutes," he added. "It's been a good start to pre-season; everyone is working hard.
"It's very hot here so it will definitely get us fit. We're looking forward to the next game [against Manchester United on Thursday] and we go from there."
Te recomendamos en English
- George Floyd George Floyd protests: Is kneeling on the neck a legal police tactic?
- George Floyd protests Trump criticises Saints QB Brees for changing stance on kneeling
- Coronavirus Donald Trump links job numbers to a ‘great day’ for George Floyd
- Coronavirus New York records lowest number of daily coronavirus deaths since pandemic started
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- George Floyd George Floyd death: what do we know about the four police officers? Charges and backgrounds