Rapinoe guest of honour at Arsenal vs Fiorentina ICC match
US women's national team captain Megan Rapinoe was present at the International Champions Cup match at Bank of America Stadium.
Arsenal are in the United States as part of their pre/season tour, where they are participating in the 2019 International Champions Cup and on Saturday night they faced Fiorentina at Bank of America Stadium, home of the Carolina Panthers.
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
Before the game, Megan Rapinoe stole the spotlight, with all eyes on the star of the United States women's national team, who recently won their second straight World Cup.
Rapinoe, who was the star of recent FIFA tournament, stole the show prior to the Gunners and Fiore match, with players like Hector Bellerin and Mesut Özil posing for photos with the current Seattle Reign star.
The Carolina Panthers running back was also present at the game between Arsenal and Fiorentina, with McCaffrey taking the opportunity to snap a photo to remember the USWNT captain.
Rapinoe has been in the public eye with her fight for equality, receiving criticism from President Donald Trump, deeming that the US captain was disrespectful by not singing or putting her hand over her heart during the US national anthem at the World Cup.
Rapinoe sent President Trump a message during her visit to Anderson Cooper's show at CNN, where she said Trump needed to do "better for everyone since his message is excluding people."
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Denver Broncos at NFL Draft 2021: Which players could they pick?
- UFC Dana White wants UFC to return to Mexico
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN IRS $3,000 child tax credit: when will the monthly payments begin?
- EARTH DAY 2021 What is the Earth Day and why it's celebrated today?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Will the IRS send supplemental payments to 2020 tax filers?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: what entities are pressuring Biden to make a new payment?