Real Madrid offer PSG Bale plus €90m for Neymar - reports
Reports coming from both the UK and Barcelona claim that Real Madrid have offered PSG Gareth Bale plus cash in exchange for Neymar.
Ahead of their battle for the LaLiga title next season, Real Madrid and Barcelona are currently in the midst of another competition to sign wantaway PSG star Neymar.
Barcelona looked the most likely to secure his signature and is understood to be the preference of the 27-year-old striker. But Real Madrid are not giving up yet.
According to reports coming out of Barcelona, Los Blancos have offered unwanted Welsh striker Gareth Bale plus 90 million euros in exchange for the Brazil international.
Catalan sports daily Mundo Deportivo says this proposal was made to PSG two weeks ago and it is being managed by Neymar’s agent Pini Zahavi.
Bale does not want to leave Madrid, but the club has been very clear with the Welshman that he is no longer part of plans at the Santiago Bernabéu. On Sunday, coach Zinedine Zidane went as far as to publically admit that he wants to see the Welshman leave as soon as possible and that that the club “are working on his transfer to a new team”.
Bale-Neymar swap deal gathering momentum
The coach’s very frank comments would indicate that Bale’s exit is imminent, despite the fact that the player is reluctant to let go of Madrid and his very attractive pay packet. And PSG would be one of the few clubs in Europe that would be in a position to match his 15-million-euro-a-year salary.
Mundo Deportivo’s claims correlate with reports in the UK this Monday, where The Independent has also revealed details of the Neymar-Bale swap deal.
Citing “sources close to the Brazilian”, the British daily says that the proposal has been repeatedly brought up over the last two weeks and has gathered momentum. PSG could view Bale as an ideal short-term replacement for Neymar, who, the Independent sources claim, is “desperate” to leave Parc de Princes.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS $400 unemployment benefits boost: why has Trump taken executive action?
- Coronavirus Night curfew extended in East Khasi Hills until 17 August
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: who is Paul Vallone, the Democrat who says hydroxychloroquine saved his life?
- Coronavirus Trump executive orders: what will happen with student loan payments?
- BEIRUT EXPLOSION Lebanese court investigating Beirut port explosion