Rakitic: "My plan is to stay but I'm open to anything"
The Croatian central midfielder says he has spoken to Valverde and that his plan and the plan of the club is for him to stay but that could change.
Ivan Rakitic says he is only focused on Barcelona and says he is used to his name being brought up in transfer rumours. The Croatian doesn't rule out a move away, however, and says he is "open to everything."
"I am used to seeing my name metioned every season," he says. "Since I got here, it has always been the same. I spoke with the club and with Valverde and my idea is to stay here and its the club's plan too but I am open to everything."
"I have more years left on my contract and I am happy here with my people and my family in the dressing room. But I also understand that this is how football is and I am proud that others clubs ask about me. That means I am doing things well."
Rakitic says the clubs have other things to think about at the moment rather than his contract renewal. His current deal expires in 2021. He has been mentioned as a player that could be part of a Neymar deal with Barcelona not currently in a position to offer PSG the money straight up to buy the Brazilian star back from the Ligue 1 side.
Te recomendamos en English
- LA Galaxy Chicharito: When I talked about retirement I meant because of my age not the MLS
- Copa del Rey 2019-20 Zaragoza vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- MASCHERANO 'Messi's unique ability can extend his future' - Mascherano
- BRUNO FERNANDES | MANCHESTER UNITED Bruno Fernandes is on his way to join Manchester United
- BARCELONA Barcelona youth product Carles Pérez makes €13m Roma switch
- Premier League Guardiola admits mistake over Man City crowd comments