Man United set to splash out €160m on Maguire and Fernandes
According to The Independent, the arrival of Harry Maguire is imminent, while a deal for Sporting Lisbon's Bruno Fernandes is also understood to be close.
Manchester United have already invested 67 million euros in youngsters Daniel James (Swansea, 17 million euros) and Aaron Wan-Bissaka (Crystal Palace, 50 million euros).
And with just 18 days until the transfer market close in England, the Red Devils are expected to land what will be the club’s two biggest signings of the summer: Harry Maguire and Bruno Fernandez.
According to UK daily The Independent, the arrival of the Leicester centre back is imminent, while a deal for the Sporting Lisbon central midfielder is also understood to be close.
United have been unable to get Leicester to bring down their demands on Maguire and will subsequently have to splash out 90 million euros (plus 10 million in add-ons) on the England international, who would become the most expensive defender in history.
Fernandes could facilitate Pogba exit
Meanwhile, AS understands that the Premier League club is readying an offer of 70 million euros for Fernandes, who finished as the highest scoring central midfielder in Europe last season.
Fernandes’ arrival could, in turn, help to facilitate Paul Pogba’s exit. The French midfielder is understood to want out of Old Trafford and Real Madrid have been making every effort to try to tie down his signature – which has been a priority request of coach Zinedine Zidane.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Inter Miami eyeing Santiago Solari for coaching position
- US Soccer Netherlands' keen on convincing Sergiño Dest to join them
- PREMIER LEAGUE Frank Lampard applauds Mo Salah's rise after Chelsea flop
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola thinks Mikel Arteta will be next Manchester City manager
- REAL MADRID - AJAX | OVERMARS Overmars: "I had to step in when it all got a bit tense between Florentino and Van der Sar"
- BARCELONA Cardoner says Barcelona will change transfer philosophy