Man United set to splash out €160m on Maguire and Fernandes
According to The Independent, the arrival of Harry Maguire is imminent, while a deal for Sporting Lisbon's Bruno Fernandes is also understood to be close.
Manchester United have already invested 67 million euros in youngsters Daniel James (Swansea, 17 million euros) and Aaron Wan-Bissaka (Crystal Palace, 50 million euros).
And with just 18 days until the transfer market close in England, the Red Devils are expected to land what will be the club’s two biggest signings of the summer: Harry Maguire and Bruno Fernandez.
According to UK daily The Independent, the arrival of the Leicester centre back is imminent, while a deal for the Sporting Lisbon central midfielder is also understood to be close.
United have been unable to get Leicester to bring down their demands on Maguire and will subsequently have to splash out 90 million euros (plus 10 million in add-ons) on the England international, who would become the most expensive defender in history.
Fernandes could facilitate Pogba exit
Meanwhile, AS understands that the Premier League club is readying an offer of 70 million euros for Fernandes, who finished as the highest scoring central midfielder in Europe last season.
Fernandes’ arrival could, in turn, help to facilitate Paul Pogba’s exit. The French midfielder is understood to want out of Old Trafford and Real Madrid have been making every effort to try to tie down his signature – which has been a priority request of coach Zinedine Zidane.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it
- UFC UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor: how & where to watch - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE De Bruyne injured: how will Manchester City cope without star?
- Football AS chooses its Legends XI: The greatest soccer team ever
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Koeman concerned about fatigue, fixtures and injuries
- SERIE A Fernando Llorente close to making Udinese move