Fekir arrives in Seville ahead of Real Betis signing
The Lyon player arrived in the Andalusian capital with his move to LaLiga side Real Betis expected to be confirmed on Thursday.
Nabil Fekir arrived in Seville on Monday afternoon and will undergo a medical test with the Andalusian side who are poised to pay 20 million euro (plus add-ons) for the forward. The striker has been drafted into Rubi's squad with Argentinian Giovani Lo Celso expected to depart imminently. Lyon will also receive an additional 20% should Real Betis sell the striker on in the future. The player's brother Yassin is also included in the deal with the Olympique Lyon youth team protegee expected to be loaned out to a Segunda División side.
Fekir was close to joining Premier League side Liverpool last season and with his current deal expiring at the end of the 2019-20 season, Lyon were happy to generate income for a player who will be a free agent in less than 12 months. Thew players father was today issuing caution stating: “Nothing has been agreed yet and between now and Thursday, nothing will happen”.
Bit late but Nabil Fekir has joined Real Betis. pic.twitter.com/tOZmY7hsUr— DaveOCKOP (@DaveOCKOP) July 22, 2019
Real Betis fans are excited with the arrival of the French international with the assumption that Argentine Lo Ceslo will be playing for another team next season with Tottenham closely linked to his name. Current Espanyol striker Borja Iglesias is also believed close to securing a move to the city of Seville joining Betis to forge a potent strike-force with the French international.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGUE 1 PSG's Mbappé backtracks over Lille title winning comments
- USMNT Jesse Marsch and Brenden Aaronson win Austrian league title with Salzburg
- BARCELONA Barcelona set to confirm Agüero signing at end of season
- NBA NBA: Hawks, Knicks seal playoff places as Nets' Harden returns
- COVID-19 VACCINE What has CDC said about covid vaccine for 12-15 year old kids?
- US News What did Liz Cheney say about Donald Trump and the Republican Party?