Fekir arrives in Seville ahead of Real Betis signing
The Lyon player arrived in the Andalusian capital with his move to LaLiga side Real Betis expected to be confirmed on Thursday.
Nabil Fekir arrived in Seville on Monday afternoon and will undergo a medical test with the Andalusian side who are poised to pay 20 million euro (plus add-ons) for the forward. The striker has been drafted into Rubi's squad with Argentinian Giovani Lo Celso expected to depart imminently. Lyon will also receive an additional 20% should Real Betis sell the striker on in the future. The player's brother Yassin is also included in the deal with the Olympique Lyon youth team protegee expected to be loaned out to a Segunda División side.
Fekir was close to joining Premier League side Liverpool last season and with his current deal expiring at the end of the 2019-20 season, Lyon were happy to generate income for a player who will be a free agent in less than 12 months. Thew players father was today issuing caution stating: “Nothing has been agreed yet and between now and Thursday, nothing will happen”.
Bit late but Nabil Fekir has joined Real Betis. pic.twitter.com/tOZmY7hsUr— DaveOCKOP (@DaveOCKOP) July 22, 2019
Real Betis fans are excited with the arrival of the French international with the assumption that Argentine Lo Ceslo will be playing for another team next season with Tottenham closely linked to his name. Current Espanyol striker Borja Iglesias is also believed close to securing a move to the city of Seville joining Betis to forge a potent strike-force with the French international.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Pedro: "I would love to return to Barcelona"
- Kane has no limits, says former Tottenham team-mate Soldado
- EUROPA LEAGUE Lacazette and Saka sizzle as Arsenal end top of their group
- TOTTENHAM Fellaini rules out Mourinho reunion at Totthenham
- Liverpool, Man City lead FIFA TOTY nominations as Griezmann and Pogba miss out
- BAYERN MUNICH 'Lucky' Coman out just three games with torn knee capsule