Eden Hazard: "You must always win trophies at Real Madrid"
Eden Hazard, who led Chelsea to Europa League glory last season, understands the huge importance of winning silverware at Real Madrid.
Eden Hazard stressed the importance of winning trophies every season at Real Madrid as the star signing eyes silverware in 2019-20. Hazard swapped Chelsea for Madrid in a big-money move during the pre-season after the LaLiga club's difficult 2018-19 campaign.
Madrid finished third behind rivals Barcelona in LaLiga, crashed out of the Champions League in the last 16 and lost in the Copa del Rey semi-finals. Hazard, who led Chelsea to Europa League glory last season, says he understands the importance of titles at the Santiago Bernabéu.
"When you play for Real Madrid you need to win things every season. You need to win, win, win," Hazard told Jay Shetty via Madrid's official website. "If you don't win the Champions League the fans get down and that's to be expected. At this club you always want to win and that's why I'm here. I want to play games, score goals and, come the end of the season, lift trophies."
Hazard made his debut for Madrid in last week's 3-1 defeat to Bayern Munich in the International Champions Cup. The Belgium international and Madrid are back in action against Arsenal in Maryland on Tuesday.
"I play with freedom. That's difficult in football because there are defenders, midfielders... but that's the kind of player I am," Hazard said. "If I don't have that freedom I don't play well and end up on the bench. I like to get on the ball, move to the right, to the left, shift around and play with my instinct. I don't think: I have to do this, play the ball to the right, to the left. I just play, get on the ball and decide what to do."
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA - VILLARREAL | VALVERDE Valverde: "It's not normal to have 3 penalties given against you in 6 games"
- Premier League Kick It Out condemn Bernardo Silva 'Conguitos' tweet
- GRANADA 2-0 BARCELONA Barça: Luis Suárez nabbed on camera calling lino a "cone"
- BAYERN MUNICH Luca Toni: "It's very difficult to criticise Lewandowski, he's one of the best"
- Serie A Juventus: Sarri waits on Ronaldo fitness ahead of Brescia test
- International football UEFA hands Slovakia, Hungary and Romania stadium closures