Fábio Coentrão cancels his move to PAOK in surprise U-turn
The Portuguese left-back had his move to PAOK all arranged but changed his mind after a meeting with his advisers. He is out of contract and looking for a new club.
Fábio Coentrão travelled to Greece at the end of last week to finalise a two-year deal with PAOK. During the meeting with PAOK, every aspect of the transfer appeared to have been arranged, and the left-back was set to join pending a medical. However, after talking it through with his family, Coentrão appears to have had second thoughts. According to O Jogo, Coentrão's move to PAOK has falled through as the defender has decided against playing in Greece.
Out of contract
The former Real Madrid and Real Zaragoza player, who spent last season with Rio Ave, is currently a free agent and looking for another project which might appeal to him more than joining PAOK...
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- BARCELONA Barcelona and Ajax reach initial agreement for Sergiño Dest: 20 million plus 5 in add-ons
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits in California: for how long will they stop and when can I claim again?
- US NEWS | CORONAVIRUS Second Stimulus Check: will there be a new payment in September 2020?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea closing in on Mendy as Lampard confirms medical
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what did Mnuchin say in Congress testimony?