Fábio Coentrão cancels his move to PAOK in surprise U-turn
The Portuguese left-back had his move to PAOK all arranged but changed his mind after a meeting with his advisers. He is out of contract and looking for a new club.
Fábio Coentrão travelled to Greece at the end of last week to finalise a two-year deal with PAOK. During the meeting with PAOK, every aspect of the transfer appeared to have been arranged, and the left-back was set to join pending a medical. However, after talking it through with his family, Coentrão appears to have had second thoughts. According to O Jogo, Coentrão's move to PAOK has falled through as the defender has decided against playing in Greece.
Out of contract
The former Real Madrid and Real Zaragoza player, who spent last season with Rio Ave, is currently a free agent and looking for another project which might appeal to him more than joining PAOK...
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Potential Madrid presidential election could influence summer signings
- COPA DEL REY Copa del Rey: Messi striving to save Barça's season as chaos reigns
- NBA NBA round-up: LeBron not enough as Suns sizzle against Lakers
- FOOTBALL Ibrahimovic makes Sanremo festival debut: "I have been the best on this stage"
- LeBron not enough as Suns sizzle against Lakers, Beal sets Wizards record
- STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | When it is coming & IRS tax return | Live