Bruno Fernandes: Man United? Sporting president will decide
Bruno Fernandes did not give much away when asked about his future amid growing links to Manchester United.
Sporting Lisbon star Bruno Fernandes said a potential move to Manchester United is out of his hands as he is not the one to decide.
Fernandes has been linked to United throughout the transfer window and talk of a switch to Old Trafford has gathered pace with the Premier League season on the horizon.
Sporting president Frederico Varandas has already warned potential suitors the Portugal international will cost more than €62million.
And Fernandes did not give much away when asked about his future amid growing links to United.
Fernandes tired of talking of Man United speculation
"I don't care about the transfer market. I've talked about this a lot, I don't need to talk anymore. I already said I would like to play in England," the 24-year-old midfielder said.
"When the club decides [is when it will happen]. I'm not in charge."
When asked whether United is a potential destination, Fernandes replied: "I'm not the one to decide. I am not the president of Sporting."
Sporting will face Champions League holders Liverpool in a pre-season friendly in New York on Wednesday.
On whether it could be his final match for the team, Fernandes added: "It is the coach who decides if it will be the last."
Fernandes scored 20 goals – 31 in all competitions – and supplied 13 assists in the Primeira Liga last season as Sporting finished third.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS What's happening with GameStop stocks, Wall Street and Reddit?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: how could it be different from the first and second ones?
- US NEWS What has Biden said about the use of private prisons?
- US NEWS How many Republican senators have voted to dismiss Trump's impeachment?
- US NEWS How many extra doses of coronavirus vaccines has Biden ordered?
- FOOTBALL UEFA commits to 12 host cities for Euro 2020