Bayern Munich's Alaba honoured by Barcelona link
Barcelona's rumoured interest is an "honour" for David Alaba, but Bayern Munich can rest easy about the left-back's level of commitment.
David Alaba admits being on Barcelona's transfer radar is flattering but insists his focus remains on Bayern Munich.
The Austria international has been linked with a move to LaLiga champions Barça in recent days.
Reports in Germany indicate Bayern are unlikely to entertain negotiations for a player viewed as one of the finest and most versatile left-backs in the world.
"It's an acknowledgement, it's an honour for me"
Alaba joined the Bundesliga giants as a teenager in 2009 and has two seasons left to run on his contract.
"Of course, it's an acknowledgement, it's an honour for me," Alaba told reporters in the United States, where Bayern are based for the International Champions Cup.
However, he added: "My focus is fully on Bayern here in America and on pre-season. I want to concentrate on the essentials."
Bayern are set to return to Germany following their final ICC match against AC Milan in Kansas City.
Boateng out of Milan game after leaving Bayern tour
Jerome Boateng will miss the clash after leaving the tour for private reasons.
Boateng had looked headed for the Allianz Arena exit towards the end of last season, but boss Niko Kovac insists the experienced centre-back will not be short on opportunities during the forthcoming campaign.
"Should he stay, which is what looks like happening right now, he will have the same chances as any other player," Kovac said.
"He is doing very well and I am very happy with his performance so far in pre-season."
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Iván Zamorano: “Raúl Jiménez is as good or even better than Karim Benzema”
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: US citizens buying more guns amid pandemic
- Coronavirus USA Coronavirus: how will stimulus checks work in the United States?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: Bill Gates told Rafa Nadal Covid-19 pandemic would become "complicated"
- CORONAVIRUS | INDIA How to apply for Delhi curfew passes online?
- REAL MADRID Racing president: "Lautaro turned down Madrid when he was 18"