Xavi Simons joins PSG after confirming Barça departure
The promising 16-year-old represented by Mino Raiola announced his departure from the Catalan club and has moved to PSG.
Barcelona's promising 16-year-old Xavi Simons has confirmed via his Twitter account that after more than eight years with the Catalan club, he is set to continue his career elsewhere after failing to agree new terms with Barça.
Simons is represented by 'super-agent' Mino Raiola and was on the wanted list of many major European sides but eventually the Dutch born talented teenager elected a move to France joining Paris Saint-Germain.
Simons penned an emotional message on the social media service thanking everyone connected at FC Barcelona and talked about fulfilling a dream playing for the Catalan giants. He concluded stating that he was about to embark on a "new and exciting adventure away from Barcelona".
Simons was propelled into the public eye after his individual skill YouTube highlights went viral and was the star of many of the Catalan club's under age tournaments where the bushy haired youngster stole the plaudits with his skill and accomplished performances.
Simons is also a major hit on Instagram where he can boast a following of more than one million loyal followers.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Granada lead LaLiga on the back of famous Barça win
- Juventus 2-1 Verona Juventus: Buffon matches Maldini appearance record
- SERIE A Inter take the spoils in Milan derby and leapfrog Juventus
- Watford 8-0 Manchester City Watford "scared" of City says Flores after record defeat
- Juventus are a 'team under construction', says coach Sarri
- Juventus Cristiano Ronaldo: "People are stupid and talk too much"