Xavi Simons joins PSG after confirming Barça departure
The promising 16-year-old represented by Mino Raiola announced his departure from the Catalan club and has moved to PSG.
Barcelona's promising 16-year-old Xavi Simons has confirmed via his Twitter account that after more than eight years with the Catalan club, he is set to continue his career elsewhere after failing to agree new terms with Barça.
Simons is represented by 'super-agent' Mino Raiola and was on the wanted list of many major European sides but eventually the Dutch born talented teenager elected a move to France joining Paris Saint-Germain.
Simons penned an emotional message on the social media service thanking everyone connected at FC Barcelona and talked about fulfilling a dream playing for the Catalan giants. He concluded stating that he was about to embark on a "new and exciting adventure away from Barcelona".
Simons was propelled into the public eye after his individual skill YouTube highlights went viral and was the star of many of the Catalan club's under age tournaments where the bushy haired youngster stole the plaudits with his skill and accomplished performances.
Simons is also a major hit on Instagram where he can boast a following of more than one million loyal followers.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS MLS 2020 play-offs: schedule, games and dates
- US News What did Trump say about Biden and voter fraud?
- AS AWARDS GALA 2020 Nadal: "Thank you for this award during these difficult times"
- Atlético Madrid Luis Suárez set to train after negative covid-19 test
- VICENTE JIMÉNEZ Everyone's success
- AS SPORTS AWARDS Casillas: "Zidane has earned the right to lead Real Madrid"