Griezmann: "I'm not fussed about what role I get"
Griezmann started his first game for Barcelona and while they lost, the striker says he is sure they can get better with time and with the addition of Messi and Suárez.
Antoine Griezmann made his first start for Barcelona after his €120 million move from Atlético Madrid this summer. He played in the firts half during the 2-1 loss to Chelsea and suffered an injury scare before retutrning to action and says he is delighted to wear the Barcelona jersey.
"It's very special to wear the Barça jersey," he said after the game. "It wasn't so nice with the loss but I sure better games will come. They were our first minutes and we have time to improve."
"It hurt a little," he said when asked about the collision with Jorginho. "And I'm sure tomorrow it will hurt more, but I'll be ready for the next game. It was an ugly tackle and he went in from the front, but that's football."
Griezmann says it doesn't really matter that Messi and Suárez were missing and that while it's better when they play, you have to find solutions without them.
"It's all the same," he said. "It's true that with Luis and with Messi it's better. With Arthur and with Philippe Coutinho but they aren't here and you have to try and find solutions. I am here for the team and I'm not fussed about what role I get."
"I don't mind," he said when asked about his favourite position. "I prefer to be on the field than on the bench. I try to improve, work and learn."
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Inter Miami eyeing Santiago Solari for coaching position
- US Soccer Netherlands' keen on convincing Sergiño Dest to join them
- PREMIER LEAGUE Frank Lampard applauds Mo Salah's rise after Chelsea flop
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola thinks Mikel Arteta will be next Manchester City manager
- REAL MADRID - AJAX | OVERMARS Overmars: "I had to step in when it all got a bit tense between Florentino and Van der Sar"
- BARCELONA Cardoner says Barcelona will change transfer philosophy