Josh Wolff named as first Austin FC head coach
The 27th MLS expansion franchise has presented who will become the first coach in the history of the club: Gregg Berhalter assistant coach, Josh Wolff.
Austin FC is closing ranks ahead of its inaugural MLS season, despite that not being until 2021. They have named the franchise's first head coach as Josh Wolff, who will take charge of the 27th MLS club.
Josh Wolff's presentation was one for the history books as he's not only the first coach of the franchise, but he is also the first head coach of a major league team in Austin, Texas.
Austin FC chairman and CEO Anthony Precourt expressed his great joy of having reached an agreement with the man who is still Gregg Berhalter's assistant.
"Josh Wolff is a rising star in the coaching ranks of our league, and on behalf of Austin FC we are thrilled to have secured a head coach with Josh's exceptional character to lead our Club."
Wolff demonstrated his own pleasure to have joined the Austin project, feeling privileged to be the franchise's first manager
"It is a tremendous honor to join Austin FC and begin the process of building Austin's team into a world-class club for all of Austin to enjoy," were the new Texan coach's words.
Josh Wolff will remain with the United States National Team until the end of 2019, and will then take his chance as head coach.
Te recomendamos en English
- Serie A Mancini: Balotelli should be playing for Italy
- Football Covid-19: Raja announce four more players have recovered
- Barcelona Camp Nou candidate Font wants Guardiola and Messi reunion
- QATAR STARS LEAGUE Xavi's Al Sadd show attacking potency with 20 goals in five games
- BARCELONA Champions League: Barcelona "could have scored eight" against Juventus
- US NEWS US elections: What's Biden's plan to deal with coronavirus?