Salah strike partner Trezeguet joins Aston Villa
After impressing for Egypt at the Africa Cup of Nations, Trezeguet has signed for Premier League club Aston Villa.
Aston Villa have confirmed the signing of Egypt international Mahmoud Hassan, known as Trezeguet, from Kasimpasa.
Trezeguet: the Egyptian prince?
Trezeguet scored Egypt's opening goal at the Africa Cup of Nations in June, making four appearances as the tournament hosts crashed out in the last 16.
The 24-year-old scored nine goals in Turkey's top flight last season, having netted 13 times in his first season at Kasimpasa following a loan move from Anderlecht.
Villa have paid a reported £8.75million for Trezeguet, who also made three appearances at the World Cup in 2018 and becomes the club's ninth signing of the close season.
"We're really excited to work with Trez. I've watched him a number of times," Villa head coach Dean Smith told their official website.
"He's the type of wide player that we have been looking for who is direct, causes problems for the opposition in the final third and scores goals."
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is ivermectin and how does it work?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: UK lockdown could end "in weeks" says government advisor
- Coronavirus Coronavirus UK: Police chief calls for public to play their part this weekend
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is furlough and how will it affect workers?
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Details of Neymar Sr's meeting with Bartomeu to resolve lawsuit revealed
- India Coronavirus India: Why and when to switch off lights and light candles?