Barcelona close to deal on Betis' Junior Firpo
Barcelona are on the cusp of closing a deal for Real Betis' highly rated full-back, according to reports.
Barcelona are edging closer to signing Real Betis left-back Junior Firpo, according to reports.
Sky Sports Italia journalist, Gianluca Di Marzio claims that the clubs are close to agreeing a deal worth 27 million euros for the 22-year-old Dominican-Spaniard – pending the approval of Barca president Josep Bartomeu, who is currently with the squad in Japan.
The Betis defender, who has reportedly been a target of Liverpool and Real Madrid, would offer Blaugrana coach Ernesto Valverde an alternative to Jordi Alba at left-back.
Firpo's stand-out performance last season
Having made the jump to the Betis squad in January, 2018, Firpo was one of the stand-out performers for Los Verdiblancos last season, providing three goals and five assists in 29 games.
And according to Opta stats, the attacking-minded full back had the second highest amount of touches in the opposition box in LaLiga last season with 86, only behind Jordi Alba (97).
The Dominican-born full-back is a Spain underage international and recently helped La Rojita to the UEFA European Under-21 Championship title in June, having started in three of the team’s five tournament fixtures, including the final and semi-final.
Te recomendamos en English
- Mahrez makes Arsenal move claim and says Leicester cost him 'two years' of career
- CHELSEA "Pulisic feels no pressure to be the next Hazard"
- MANCHESTER UNITED Manchester United: returning Martial crucial to improved form, says James
- KYLIAN MBAPPE Mbappé "flirting" with Madrid actress has Real fans dreaming
- BRAZIL Thiago Silva hopes "Zidane leaves Rodrygo on bench" for PSG-Madrid
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City's Rodri taking title race hope from 2018-19 win