Barcelona close to deal on Betis' Junior Firpo
Barcelona are on the cusp of closing a deal for Real Betis' highly rated full-back, according to reports.
Barcelona are edging closer to signing Real Betis left-back Junior Firpo, according to reports.
Sky Sports Italia journalist, Gianluca Di Marzio claims that the clubs are close to agreeing a deal worth 27 million euros for the 22-year-old Dominican-Spaniard – pending the approval of Barca president Josep Bartomeu, who is currently with the squad in Japan.
The Betis defender, who has reportedly been a target of Liverpool and Real Madrid, would offer Blaugrana coach Ernesto Valverde an alternative to Jordi Alba at left-back.
Firpo's stand-out performance last season
Having made the jump to the Betis squad in January, 2018, Firpo was one of the stand-out performers for Los Verdiblancos last season, providing three goals and five assists in 29 games.
And according to Opta stats, the attacking-minded full back had the second highest amount of touches in the opposition box in LaLiga last season with 86, only behind Jordi Alba (97).
The Dominican-born full-back is a Spain underage international and recently helped La Rojita to the UEFA European Under-21 Championship title in June, having started in three of the team’s five tournament fixtures, including the final and semi-final.
Te recomendamos en English
- Barcelona Dugarry calls Messi 'half autistic kid' during Griezmann rant
- THE BEST Sadio Mané should have beaten Messi to FIFA's Best award, says Alain Giresse
- LIVERPOOL Klopp: "I would never compare myself with Dalglish or Shankly"
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Achraf Hakimi move to Inter Milan confirmed
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: US unemployment falls to 11.1% as June sees 4.8m new jobs
- ATLÉTICO Simeone: "Griezmann's situation in one word? I'll do it in two: no comment"