Barcelona's profits down despite record income
For a sixth successive season, Barcelona have announced record revenue figures, though the club's profits are down from 2018.
Barcelona have confirmed record revenues of €990 million during the 2018-19 campaign, though the club's profits fell from 2018.
Ernesto Valverde's side retained their LaLiga title last term, though the season ended in disappointing fashion with a Copa del Rey final loss to Valencia following a disastrous defeat to Liverpool in the Champions League semi-finals.
Off the pitch Barca - who last year stated an intention to make €1 billion in revenues by 2021 - are in a strong position, having far surpassed last season's then-record total of €914m.
However, operating profit stands at €17m, down from last season's €32m, while the club's net profit for 2017-18 was €13m, up from the €4.5million announced for 2018-19.
The club have already made major moves in the transfer market during the close season, with Frenkie de Jong - who was signed in January for an initial €75m - officially joining from Ajax, before Antoine Griezmann moved from Atletico Madrid for €120m.
Griezmann's move has caused controversy, though, with Atleti demanding a further €80m from Barca, while the is deal reportedly under investigation by the Royal Spanish Football Federation.
Reports of a sensational move for Neymar continue rumble on, with speculation rife Barca will bid to bring the Brazil star back to Camp Nou two years after he left for Paris Saint-Germain in a world-record €222m deal.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS Can I qualify for Biden's American Rescue Plan if I have already received the stimulus check?
- FOOTBALL Weston McKennie could make his return against Inter Milan
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool vs Man United: How and where to watch - times, tv, online
- US NEWS $2000 stimulus check updates today: Biden $1,400 third payment, who is eligible, dates | Live
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...