Official: Dani Ceballos joins Arsenal
Arsenal and the Real Madrid player have agreed terms to a one season loan deal at the Emirates Stadium, where Ceballos hopes to become a first team regular under Unai Emery.
Real Madrid midfielder Dani Ceballos has joined Arsenal on a season-long loan, the Premier League club have confirmed.
The Andalusian player has spent the past few days undergoing routine medical checks and putting the final touches on his one season loan deal with the North London outfit. The deal with no purchase option was a non-negotiation clause stipulated by Real Madrid as club delegates see the 22-year-old Andalusian with an important role to play at the Bernabéu in the future.
Emery will look to meet Ceballos's demands
Arsenal's Basque boss Unai Emery has been instrumental in seeing Ceballos opt for "The Gunners" and has spoken with the player and his family over the past few days to ensure Ceballos that he will attempt to meet his demands of 40 first team games per season.
Real Madrid initially planned to sell the Utrera born player but a dazzling display at the summer's UEFA Under 21 competition, where Ceballos was instrumental in helping Spain lift the trophy and was selected in the XI of the tournament, forced club officials to reconsider their initial position.
Ceballos' objective is to secure a regular starting place with Arsenal in an attempt to convince Spain boss Roberto Moreno that the player warrants a call-up to the Spanish international side with Euro 2020 looming next summer.
Te recomendamos en English
- RUSSIA Russia banned from Olympics and World Cup 2022 over doping scandal
- El CLÁSICO | BARCELONA - REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane's headache - how to stop Messi in El Clásico... 3 possible solutions
- BARCELONA Messi impossible to replace - Barcelona president
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Casemiro must avoid getting booked against Valencia
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Barcelona, Inter set to discuss Rakitic, Vidal and Lautaro Martínez in Milan
- Barcelona 'cannot afford' to lose Vidal in January, says Blaugrana president Bartomeu