Manchester United: Sporting Clube boss Keizer admits Bruno Fernandes could leave
What does the future hold for Sporting CP captain Bruno Fernandes? Marcel Keizer does not know but Manchester United are one of the club believed to be interested.
Sporting Clube de Portugal head coach Marcel Keizer admitted reported Manchester United target Bruno Fernandes could leave the Portuguese club. Fernandes has been linked to United throughout the transfer window and talk of a switch to Old Trafford has gathered pace with the Premier League season on the horizon.
Fernandes beats Mignolet in New York
Sporting president Frederico Varandas has already warned potential suitors the Portugal international will cost more than €62million, while Fernandes has revealed he would like to play in England. The team's captain dazzled in New York on Wednesday, scoring with a long-range drive and setting up another in Sporting's 2-2 draw with Liverpool.
Asked about Fernandes post-match, Sporting head coach Keizer told reporters: "Bruno is a good player, an important player. Everyone would like that he stays but we do not know what the future will bring so we have to wait." He added: "I am just the coach. You ask the wrong guy. We know he plays very well and clubs like him and we have to see what happens. This is the job for the coach. You realise some players can go. Every player can go. Wait and see."
Team mates wouldn't want to see him leave
Sporting goalkeeper Renan Ribeiro was also asked about in-demand team-mate Fernandes and he told Sport TV: "While Bruno is here, we can say nothing. The future belongs to God, let him decide in the best way… Who doesn't want to have Bruno in their team?"
Fernandes scored 20 goals – 31 in all competitions – and supplied 13 assists in the Primeira Liga last season as Sporting finished third.
Te recomendamos en English
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Biden - Trump last debate live online: updates, fact check and reactions
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- Covid-19 Financial Crisis How will the election affect unemployment benefits in US?
- US NEWS Who is Kristen Walker, moderator for the final presidential debate? | US Election 2020
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Trump - Biden debate: why will they be muted when the other is talking?
- PRESEDENTIAL DEBATE Last debate Trump vs Biden tonight: time, TV and how to watch live online