Bailly's injury troubles continue with forced withdrawal against Spurs
Manchester United suffered an injury blow in Thursday's friendly clash with Tottenham, as Eric Bailly appeared to sustain a knee issue.
Eric Bailly's Manchester United injury woes continued after the centre-back was taken off on a stretcher during Thursday's International Champions Cup clash against Tottenham.
Ivory Coast international Bailly joined United in 2016 from Villarreal and showed promise in his first season, but he has amassed only 25 top-flight appearances in the two campaigns since.
The 25-year-old has been dogged by a host of injuries during his time at United, with persistent shoulder, knee and groin problems limiting his impact.
After managing just eight Premier League starts last term, Bailly is no doubt hoping to play a bigger role in 2019-20, but 10 minutes after his half-time introduction against Spurs on Thursday he was carried off.
The defender tried to block an effort from Son Heung-min when he appeared to injure to his right knee, requiring a stretcher to take him off the pitch.
Should the injury prove serious, United's interest in Leicester City's Harry Maguire could mount, with the England international an apparent £80million target.
We're forced into a change early in the second half: Axel Tuanzebe is on to replace @EricBailly24, who was stretchered off a short while ago.— Manchester United (@ManUtd) July 25, 2019
Speedy recovery, Eric #MUFC #MUTOUR #ICC2019 pic.twitter.com/UD4mRZBHTv
Te recomendamos en English
- MANCHESTER UNITED Paul Pogba is "going nowhere" - Solskjaer rules out January move to Real Madrid
- GRANADA 2-0 BARCELONA Valverde assumes responsibility for Barcelona's worst start in 25 years
- Juventus Cristiano Ronaldo: "People are stupid and talk too much"
- LALIGA Granada lead LaLiga on the back of famous Barça win
- Juventus 2-1 Verona Juventus: Buffon matches Maldini appearance record
- SERIE A Inter take the spoils in Milan derby and leapfrog Juventus