Joao Félix major doubt for Atlético's clash with Real Madrid
Atlético will see how Felix fares over the next two days before deciding whether he will play against Real Madrid on Saturday evening.
New star signing Joao Felix is a major doubt for Atlético Madrid ahead of their crunch International Champions Cup meeting with local rivals Real Madrid in New Jersey on Saturday.
The Portuguese striker, who joined Los Rojiblancos for a club-record fee of 126 million euros earlier this month, had to sit out Diego Simeone’s side’s clash with Chivas Guadalajara on Wednesday after he picked up a thigh injury against Numancia last weekend.
While the injury is not understood to be serious, the 19-year-old attacker is still in some pain from the bruising sustained in the Numancia game. And the club will see how he fares over the next two days before deciding whether he will play against Los Blancos on Saturday evening.
Should they decide to rest him, his first taste of a Madrid derby will likely come in LaLiga at the Wanda Metropolitano at the end of September.
Vitolo likely to replace Felix against Real Madrid
Vitolo stepped in for Felix in the game against Guadalajara and, after a stand-out performance, will be expected to retain his place in Simeone’s starting XI, should the young Portuguese striker be ruled out for the Madrid derby in New Jersey’s MetLife stadium.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA $100 million coronavirus fraud losses after multiple scams
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City sign Nathan Ake
- CORONAVIRUS USA Stimulus check: CARES, HEALS and HEROES Acts compared
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: when will the money arrive?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths, HEALS Act and stimulus checks, today
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Casillas: Real Madrid, Spain's prolific 'goal unscorer' retires