Arsenal's Mesut Özil takes online revenge on trolling Spurs fan
Tottenham fans might just think twice about making Mesut Ozil the butt of their jokes after the German's fine riposte on Twitter.
As an Arsenal player, Mesut Özil will be a regular target of Tottenham fans, but he proved with a "trophy cabinet" gag that he can give as good as he gets.
Where's Özil? Where's the silverware?
For Spurs' team photo ahead of Sunday's 3-2 win over Juventus, their starting XI took a leaf out of Wales' book, lining up in a disjointed, unusual fashion that left a gap in the back row.
A Spurs fan posted the photo to Twitter at the time and asked why Özil was in their team photo, seemingly comparing the German to the void.
After a few days enjoying plenty of positive social media attention, the Spurs fan had the tables turned on him by Ozil.
The Gunners midfielder jabbed back with a response that will surely delight even his biggest critics among Arsenal fans, saying: "If you look closely… You can see your trophy cabinet".
Spurs last won a major trophy in 2008 when they lifted the EFL Cup – before that their most-recent triumph was the 1990-91 FA Cup.
Özil's barb swiftly went viral, receiving over 130,000 likes in two hours.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid won't let Brazilians play in Pre-Olympics
- MANCHESTER UNITED "Haaland knows what he wants to do", says Man United boss Solskjaer
- TOTTENHAM Mourinho hails Tottenham unity in Wolves win
- Milan need too many chances to score, says Pioli
- BARCELONA Griezmann on debut Clásico: "It's going to be an incredible day"
- RAYO - ALBACETE Rayo-Albacete game suspended after nazi insults to Zozulia