Neymar left out of PSG-Inter Milan match
Although the Brazil star has claimed to be almost 100 per cent fit, Neymar is not in the PSG squad to face Inter on Saturday.
Neymar has been left out of the Paris Saint-Germain squad for Saturday's pre-season friendly against Inter.
Neymar to extend prep
The Brazil superstar recently declared he is almost 100 per cent fit after recovering from foot and ankle injuries.
But PSG confirmed on Thursday that Neymar will not travel to Macau with the rest of the squad to take on the Nerazzurri.
"Presnel Kimpembe and Neymar [will] stay at base camp in Shenzhen to continue their individual physical work twice a day with staff members to extend their preparation," the club said in a statement.
Neymar has been linked with a return to Barcelona, with PSG sporting director Leonardo confirming the 27-year-old wants to leave.
The forward reported late for pre-season training earlier this month and PSG said he could face punishment as a result.
Neymar did not feature in either of PSG's two recent friendlies in Germany having missed Brazil's triumph at the Copa America due to injury.
But PSG's new signings Ander Herrera, Abdou Diallo and Pablo Sarabia could all play against Inter after being included in Thomas Tuchel's squad.
After taking on the Serie A side, PSG play Sydney FC ahead of August 3's Trophee des Champions clash against Rennes in Shenzhen.
Te recomendamos en English
- Europa League Europa League 2020 Last 16 draw: how and where to watch
- QATAR 2022 Mark Hughes: Qatar should be proud of its preparations for 2022
- MLS Ambitious Beckham would love to sign Messi or Ronaldo
- Premier League Liverpool announce big profits despite record player spend
- Premier League Who'll be in new Premier League hall of fame?
- Anything can happen in El Clasico – former Real Madrid captain Hierro