Carlos Vela named captain of the 2019 MLS All-Star team
The Mexican striker was voted to lead the MLS All-Star team for the second time in a row, where this year the US league stars will face Atlético Madrid.
The MLS All-Star captain has been disclosed, as the US league revealed the fan vote in which the captain was picked. LAFC superstar Carlos Vela is the player who got the most votes and Captain Carlos will lead out the side for the match against Atlético Madrid next Wednesday, July 31, in Orlando.
Vela has been given this honour for the second consecutive year and he will also be part of the MLS All-Star trio for the Skills Challenge alongside Jonathan Dos Santos and Wayne Rooney.
The LAFC captain is having an outstanding season so far, leading the league in goals with 21, and being second in assists with 12 in 20 games played. Vela is also on the way to breaking Josef Martinez' single-season goals record needing just ten more.
Carlos Vela won the race to be captain over players such as Wayne Rooney, Nani, and Chris Wondolowski.
Message from Clayton Kershaw
The LA Dodgers star pitcher, Clayton Kershaw took time out to congratulate Carlos Vela for being named the MLS All-Star Captain, in a video shared by the Los Angeles FC Twitter account.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: why is Arizona receiving praise from the White House?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV...
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: Champions League preview
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane