Ibrahimovic escapes suspension but is fined for embellishment
The MLS Disciplinary Committee fines the LA Galaxy captain and superstar for an event that occurred around the 29th minute of the LA derby.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic might have escaped a sanction for the nudge incident against LAFC defender Mohamed El Munir, who will undergo facial surgery during the week; however, the LA Galaxy captain did receive punishment in Week 20 by the MLS Disciplinary Committee.
The league Disciplinary Committee found Zlatan guilty of simulation/embellishment during the 29th minute of the Los Angeles derby against LAFC on July 19th. Ibra has been fined with an undisclosed amount.
El Munir incident
The MLS Disciplinary Committee also issued a warning to the Swedish Lion for the incident where Zlatan's arm made firm contact with El Munir face.
It all ended in a warning and a fine for the LA Galaxy striker after El Trafico match of MLS week 20 for which he will be available for Saturday's game against Portland Timbers.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus How much has unemployment gap widened between black and white people?
- Lampard praises 'fantastic' Pulisic after Chelsea star scores again
- SERIE A AC Milan 4-2 Juventus: Sarri bemoans "total blackout"
- ATLÉTICO Atlético Madrid's stadium finally demolished: The last days of the Vicente Calderón
- SERIE A Cristiano Ronaldo looking to achieve goal-scoring holy grail
- MLS MLS is back tournament changes as players test positive for coronavirus