Ibrahimovic escapes suspension but is fined for embellishment
The MLS Disciplinary Committee fines the LA Galaxy captain and superstar for an event that occurred around the 29th minute of the LA derby.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic might have escaped a sanction for the nudge incident against LAFC defender Mohamed El Munir, who will undergo facial surgery during the week; however, the LA Galaxy captain did receive punishment in Week 20 by the MLS Disciplinary Committee.
The league Disciplinary Committee found Zlatan guilty of simulation/embellishment during the 29th minute of the Los Angeles derby against LAFC on July 19th. Ibra has been fined with an undisclosed amount.
El Munir incident
The MLS Disciplinary Committee also issued a warning to the Swedish Lion for the incident where Zlatan's arm made firm contact with El Munir face.
It all ended in a warning and a fine for the LA Galaxy striker after El Trafico match of MLS week 20 for which he will be available for Saturday's game against Portland Timbers.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Zidane leaves out Rodrygo, Odriozola, Brahim and Mariano
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp 'gets' Guardiola gag about Liverpool having won the title
- MLS Josef Martinez: De Boer fears 'serious' injury for Atlanta striker
- BARCELONA Barça inquest begins as team "loses its soul" in Granada
- THE BEST Van Dijk favourite to collect FIFA 'The Best' award in Milan
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Goal-shy Atlético with only seven goals in six games