Zidane says James' future is not up to him
James Rodriguez is expected to leave Real Madrid and Zinedine Zidane is unfazed about the midfielder's future.
Zinedine Zidane insisted talk about James Rodriguez's Real Madrid future was not his concern amid claims the playmaker has no interest in staying.
James move up to Real Madrid, says Zidane
James, 28, is linked with Napoli and Atlético Madrid after returning to the Santiago Bernabeu from a two-year loan spell at Bayern Munich.
Atleti chief executive Miguel Angel Gil Marin told ESPN on Thursday that James did not want to continue at Madrid, nor did the LaLiga giants want him to.
Asked about those comments, Zidane said the Colombia international's future was not something for him to worry about.
"It is a matter for the club," he told a news conference ahead of Madrid's International Champions Cup clash against Atletico on Friday.
"It is something between them – the presidents – not me."
Zidane was seemingly tired of answering questions about Gareth Bale, who is expected to leave the club, and reported transfer target and Manchester United star Paul Pogba.
And while midfielder Marco Asensio could be set to miss the entire season due to a serious knee injury, Zidane said nothing changed in regards to Madrid's plans.
"We are working with the players here. We think about the first league match," he said.
"Nothing changes. I don't think about that, who will replace Marco, no. We are touched by the injury, but there is a game tomorrow. We will see later."
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA and HEALS Act live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news
- Stimulus check Stimulus check: how to report missing payments and mistakes to the IRS
- Coronavirus USA Stimulus check schedule: when could second round be voted on, passed and paid?
- CORONAVIRUS BioVyzr: the futuristic helmet to protect against Covid-19
- Barcelona Barcelona: Pochettino open to coaching Messi at Camp Nou