Qatar to offer two training areas per team for World Cup 2022
The training pitches, with natural grass, will be maintained with the same standards as the official playing areas, and is theirs for the duration of their stay.
The preparation of the training pitches for the teams that will participate in the 2022 World Cup in Qatar is underway, with those responsible providing facilities that will meet the needs of the players, and then will continue to help team after the tournament.
High standards for Qatar training pitches
These pitches were established in order to serve the World Cup teams and ensure they have a pleasant experience. On the other hand, they are to be used later, and in all areas, by new generations who can take advantage of these exceptional facilities that are seen as a sustainable legacy.
It is worth mentioning that, as well as the main stadia requirements, training grounds are another of FIFA’s conditions to countries hosting a World Cup, with them considered a key part of the sporting infrastructure for any major championship.
New pitches are being built in Qatar, while others that already meet the requirements are being reconditioned. Among the stadiums that are being improved are those of first and second division clubs. There will be 30 pitches available in 15 spaces distributed across four locations.
The training grounds will offer all the comforts expected by the national teams that will feature in the World Cup, and a site with two natural grass pitches will be dedicated to them, from their arrival in the Qatari capital until their participation in the tournament comes to an end.
The guidelines for the training areas is to have them meet the same criteria as those where official matches will be played. This will ensure the high quality is maintained whether playing or training.
Te recomendamos en English
- bundesliga George Floyd protests in Bundesliga will go unpunished, confirms DFB
- BARCELONA Concern at Barcelona as Messi trains alone
- REAL MADRID Casillas reveals what he said to Sergio Ramos after Real Madrid won La Décima in Lisbon
- Atlético Atlético Madrid assistant German 'Mono' Burgos to leave the club
- George Floyd Los Angeles curfew today, 3 June: time, when it starts and when it ends
- George Floyd George Floyd: Charges increased against Derek Chauvin to 2nd degree murder