Manchester City loan Venezuelan midfielder Yangel Herrera to Granada
Venezuela midfielder Yangel Herrera has joined newly-promoted Granada from Premier League champions Manchester City.
Manchester City have sent midfielder Yangel Herrera to LaLiga club Granada on a season-long loan. The 21-year-old returns to Spain after making 16 top-flight appearances for Huesca during the second half of last season.
Experience in Spain
The Venezuela international had spent the previous two years on loan at New York City, a sister club of the Premier League champions. Herrera also started three times at the recent Copa América, helping Venezuela to secure a 0-0 draw against Brazil.
His new club, Granada, sealed a return to LaLiga by finishing second in LaLiga 1|2|3 last season. City announced the transfer in a short Twitter statement, with Granada saying he would train with his new team-mates on Friday morning.
Te recomendamos en English
- No group stages, EFL Cup or Nations League? Suggestions for a post-coronavirus football 'reform'
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total USA cases and deaths, real-time map, 29 March
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Di María discusses the impact on his life and family
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus live updates: data, infections, deaths USA, India, UK...
- CORONAVIRUS | TRANSFERS Coronavirus: Lavish spending and huge wages to be a thing of the past
- Coronavirus Social unrest spreads in Italy as coronavirus lockdown nears fourth week