Phil Foden, not Messi is "the most talented player" Guardiola has ever seen
Pep Guardiola has labelled Phil Foden as the most talented player he has seen, even though the youngster is not a first team regular at Manchester City .
Phil Foden is "the most talented player" Pep Guardiola has seen, but the Manchester City manager has not promised the English youngster more game time. Academy graduate Foden has been in-and-out of City's first-team squad over the past two campaigns, making 26 appearances across all competitions last season.
Best feeling being back on the pitch 💙 pic.twitter.com/w3NIq1N9O5— Phil Foden (@PhilFoden) July 24, 2019
No more new arrivals at City
The 19-year-old came on as a substitute in City's 6-1 friendly win over Kitchee on Wednesday, after returning late to pre-season following his exploits with England at the European Under-21 Championship. With Guardiola revealing City are unlikely to add to their squad following the arrivals of Rodri and Angeliño, Foden could well be afforded more chances in the coming season.
And Guardiola, whose side face Yokohama F.Marinos in their final pre-season match on Saturday, has no doubt over Foden's talent. "He is the most talented player I have ever seen," the former Barcelona and Bayern Munich boss Guardiola said at a news conference. "His problem is sometimes his manager doesn't put him in starting XI. He deserves all the minutes, but with his competitors it isn't easy. He works incredibly. He knows I'm here to help him."
Wembley date with Liverpool
After taking on Marinos, Premier League champions City will travel back to England to prepare for their FA Community Shield clash with Liverpool at Wembley on 4 August.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Neymar surprises Richarlison with Everton award
- REAL MADRID The price Real Madrid must pay to sign Kylian Mbappé
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: Harry Wilson close to £20million Anfield exit
- US NEWS Breonna Taylor shooting case verdict and decision, reactions and live updates
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what proposals have been put forward?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool new boys could be handed debut in tomorrow’s EFL Cup