Jiangsu and Bale agree terms but no deal with Real Madrid yet
Bale's agent has closed an agreement to improve Bale's contract terms from €17 million a year to €22 million a year for two years but not with Real Madrid.
Jonathan Barnett, Gareth Bale's agent, has agreed a deal with Jiangsu Suning that would see his client improve on his current contract terms but the Chinese club have not yet agreed a fee with Real Madrid.
The Chinese club followed Bale on Instagram hours after talks arose surrounding a potential move. They stopped following him hours later, however, as reports emerged from China that the club did not offer Bale the contract terms he was looking for.
The initial offer was €17 million a year for two years, which is the same amount he is getting in Spain. They also offered Real Madrid €22 million but neither was sufficient.
Jiangsu improve offer for Bale
They upped the offer to the player and he will earn €22 million a year on a two-year deal.
He played and score against Arsenal in the ICC recently and Marco Asensio's injury hinted that there might be changes in Real Madrid's transfer strategy but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Te recomendamos en English
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Klopp: "Atlético are a machine - they're not playing as badly as people make out"
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Alexander-Arnold: "Madrid holds good memories but we've got a job to do tomorrow"
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Simeone: "Pessimism? I see optimism and hope"
- Neymar ready to face Borussia Dortmund, Tuchel confirms
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Martin Braithwaite's agent arrives to open talks
- LAUREUS 2020 Messi and Lewis Hamilton share Laureus World Sportsman of the Year award