Atlético, Real Madrid directors dine with James talk on the menu
Cerezo, Miguel Ángel Gil, Óscar Gil represented Atlético in New York ahead of the first ever Madrid derby outside of Europe on Friday night.
The directors of Real Madrid and Atlético ate lunch together at Lecacy Records in New York ahead of the Madrid derby on Friday night (20:00 local time). It is the first ever game between the city rivals to be played outside of Europe.
Relations between the two teams are cordial. They met last summer during the summer also when they played in Tallinn, Estonia for the European Super Cup and dined ahead of that derby too.
It is not know if Florentino Pérez and Enrique Cerezo spoke about James Rodríguez but they might have considering the report that broke on Friday night just hours after the meeting that the Colombian would be staying at Real Madrid.
Gil Marín, Atlético's director, confirmed Atlético's interest in the player but said it would be up to the Real Madrid president as to whether he would be allow to join their cross-city rivals. Marcos Llorente has already made the move this summer as Real Madrid rebuild their squad.
Te recomendamos en English
- Transfer market PSG join Aubameyang chase amid Barcelona links
- VALLADOLID 0-1 REAL MADRID Zidane cautious as Real Madrid go top: "There' a long way to go"
- NBA LeBron James, inconsolable after finding out about Kobe Bryant
- KOBE BRYANT 1978-2022 Kobe Bryant: Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi hail "a true legend"
- Kobe Bryant dead: Dallas Mavericks to retire number 24 jersey
- Football Olympic qualifiers moved from China to Sydney due to virus fears