No top names for Inter Miami first signings
2020 MLS expansion franchise Inter Miami have announced the first two players in the history of the team.
The wait is over; Inter Miami have kept their promise that they would announce their first signing in July, as the club revealed this Friday the signing of the Argentine left-winger Matías Pellegrini, who becomes the first player in the history of the franchise.
Much was said about the first player of the 2020 MLS expansion team, with names like Luis Suárez and Mauro Icardi being linked with David Beckham's side, with a lot of expectation as it was said that a top player could be lured to the Florida club.
The 19-year-old joins as a Young Designated Player and will remain on loan with Estudiantes de La Plata until January 2020, when Inter Miami make their debut in Major League Soccer.
Inter Miami not only announced the signing of Pellegrini, but also that of fellow 19-year-old Argentine forward Julián Carranza, who is the second player to join the franchise and will remain at Club Atlético Banfield until the opening season.
In a statement, sporting director Paul McDonough said: "Both Julián and Matías showed us they really wanted to take the next step of their career with Inter Miami CF. We liked that Pellegrini can play inside and out wide, has very good aerobic capacity and can cover a lot of ground, while Julián is a very grounded player with an impressive work rate. He's the player that strives to score goals and is very good in the box."
Inter Miami are embracing young promising talent as the first players at the club, as they seek to make an immediate impact in the MLS.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Why is Sergio Ramos not in Spain squad?
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in European Championship? Monday 14 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- EURO 2020 Denmark's Eriksen thanks life-savers and vows to understand what caused cardiac arrest
- Copa America Brazil's Tite hails Neymar but stops short of Ronaldo and Romario comparisons
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is it coming in June? Tax refund status, homeowner stimulus check, child tax payment...
- US NEWS G7 summit recap: what did Joe Biden say about meeting Queen Elizabeth?