Arsenal's Özil thanks fans for support after 'carjacking' incident
Mesut Özil, who was involved in what appeared to be an attempted carjacking, has told fans he and Sead Kolasinac are okay.
Arsenal star Mesut Özil has reassured fans that he, his wife and his team-mate Sead Kolasinac are "doing well" following an apparent carjacking attempt.
Footage circulating on social media on Thursday appeared to show Kolasinac confronting and scaring off two attackers who had approached a vehicle driven by Özil.
The apparent perpetrators, who were wearing masks, could be seen holding weapons that were reported to be knives.
Arsenal confirmed to Omnisport that both players were "fine" after the incident, which the Metropolitan Police is investigating.
Kolasinac sees funny side on social media
Kolasinac seemed to find the funny side of the matter, taking to social media on Friday to post a picture of him and Özil along with the caption "Think we're fine," and a clenched fist and smiling face emoji.
"Thanks for all your supporting messages guys"
Özil later tweeted the same photograph and added: "Sead Kolasinac, my wife Amine and me are doing well again after yesterday's incident in London. Thanks for all your supporting messages guys."
Midfielder Özil and left-back Kolasinac had returned with Arsenal to London on Wednesday after their International Champions Cup campaign in the United States.
They started in the final match of the tour, a penalty shoot-out loss to Real Madrid.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Coronavirus: Luis Suarez denies Camp Nou stars refused pay cut
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total India cases and deaths, real-time map, 3 April
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total Nigeria cases and deaths, real-time map, 3 April
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus live updates: data, infections, deaths USA, India, UK...
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total USA cases and deaths, real-time map, 3 April
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: total UK cases and deaths, real-time map