Ronaldo rested due to fatigue says Sarri
Cristiano Ronaldo was not involved as Juventus drew 3-3 against Team K League in an exhibition match in Seoul on Friday.
Maurizio Sarri has confirmed Cristiano Ronaldo sat out Juventus' exhibition match against Team K League in Seoul on Friday due to fatigue.
Ronaldo was an unused substitute as Juve drew 3-3, with Sarri naming a relatively strong side despite his star forward's absence. His goal celebration did make an appearance, however, after Team K League scored and did their own version of it.
Matthijs de Ligt was included from the start, while Gonzalo Higuain and Mario Mandzukic were also in the line-up, though Juve had to rely on a late header from Blaise Matuidi and a sensational strike courtesy of Matheus Pereira to salvage a draw.
And Sarri revealed he spoke with Ronaldo and Juve chairman Andrea Agnelli before deciding not to utilise the 34-year-old.
Sarri confirms Ronaldo given a rest
"We gave room to some of the younger figures who were ready to step up. Ronaldo was very tired, so we decided to rest him," Sarri told a news conference.
"Ronaldo was expected to play, but he was not 100 per cent fit due to muscle fatigue. I spoke with Andrea and Ronaldo before the match and we concluded that it would be best for him to rest."
Two of Juve's three pre-season goals prior to Friday's clash had been scored by Ronaldo, who should be fit to feature in the Bianconeri's next friendly, against Atletico Madrid in Stockholm on August 10.
"Now we have 10 days without games, so we can focus on preparing well in training," Sarri concluded.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Granada lead LaLiga on the back of famous Barça win
- Juventus 2-1 Verona Juventus: Buffon matches Maldini appearance record
- SERIE A Inter take the spoils in Milan derby and leapfrog Juventus
- Watford 8-0 Manchester City Watford "scared" of City says Flores after record defeat
- Juventus are a 'team under construction', says coach Sarri
- Juventus Cristiano Ronaldo: "People are stupid and talk too much"