Barcelona's Griezmann enjoys Atlético thrashing of Real Madrid
The French striker had a game for his new club in Japan only a few hours after Costa, Félix, Correa and Vitolo scored seven in New Jersey.
Atlético Madrid's huge win over their local rival Real in New Jersey was not missed by the Rojiblancos recently lost star, Antoine Griezmann.
Griezmann likes Madrid humiliation
The former striker of the red and whites didn't have to respond publicly, but decided to anyway, as he 'liked' the tweet that the club's official account issued with news of the historic victory.
And Griezmann wasted no time in doing so, clicking as soon as the game was over, a sign that he was very much aware of the derby being played on non-European soil for the first time. The 7-3 win was completed just a few hours before his new team, Barcelona, faced Vissel Kobe in Japan.
Despite his controversial departure from Atlético - a high-tension situation which is far from resolved - it would appear that Griezmann has not completely forgotten his ties with the rojiblanco. Then again, there are few Barça players or fans that don't enjoy a good old laugh at their bitter rivals.
Te recomendamos en English
- FIFA No harm, no foul between Mexico and Honduras after the 90 minutes.
- COPA AMERICA Brazil vs Venezuela: covid-19 chaos as La Vinotinto face up to tall task
- US News Unemployment benefits: How many fraudulent claims were made and how much money was stolen?
- E3 2021 PC Gaming Show at E3 2021: times, stream and how to watch
- E3 2021 Square Enix conference at E3 2021: times, stream and how to watch
- E3 2021 Microsoft Xbox + Bethesda conference at E3 2021: times, stream online and how to watch