Barcelona's Griezmann enjoys Atlético thrashing of Real Madrid
The French striker had a game for his new club in Japan only a few hours after Costa, Félix, Correa and Vitolo scored seven in New Jersey.
Atlético Madrid's huge win over their local rival Real in New Jersey was not missed by the Rojiblancos recently lost star, Antoine Griezmann.
Griezmann likes Madrid humiliation
The former striker of the red and whites didn't have to respond publicly, but decided to anyway, as he 'liked' the tweet that the club's official account issued with news of the historic victory.
And Griezmann wasted no time in doing so, clicking as soon as the game was over, a sign that he was very much aware of the derby being played on non-European soil for the first time. The 7-3 win was completed just a few hours before his new team, Barcelona, faced Vissel Kobe in Japan.
Despite his controversial departure from Atlético - a high-tension situation which is far from resolved - it would appear that Griezmann has not completely forgotten his ties with the rojiblanco. Then again, there are few Barça players or fans that don't enjoy a good old laugh at their bitter rivals.
Te recomendamos en English
- Dortmund 0-1 Bayern Munich Dortmund's Favre: 'brutally difficult' to catch Bayern Munich after Klassiker loss
- BUNDESLIGA Haaland: Dortmund hope knee knock is short-term problem
- Football Pogba returning to Juventus from Man Utd 'impossible'
- US elections Twitter questions Trump: US president fact checked for vote by mail tweet
- Coronavirus Are virtual weddings legal in the age of Coronavirus in the US?
- Coronavirus As California moves to stage two, what businesses are reopening?