Spain follow U21 glory with Euro U19 Championship triumph
After claiming European Under-21 Championship glory in June, Spain's U19 side have added more silverware.
Ferran Torres hit a brace as Spain beat Portugal 2-0 to win the European Under-19 Championship on Saturday.
La Roja followed up their triumph at June's continental U21 tournament with another success in Armenia.
Torres nets either side of break to win it for Spain
Torres opened the scoring in the 34th minute against last year's champions, converting a left-wing cross from Sevilla prospect Bryan Gil.
The Valencia forward struck again six minutes into the second half, turning and rifling home from inside the box to settle the Iberian derby.
Captain Abel Ruiz had a great chance to add a late third for Spain but scuffed his effort wide, before tempers boiled over in the closing stages.
Spaniards follow in footsteps of Asensio, Ceballos and Rodri
Spain celebrated victory in the annual competition for the first time since 2015, when Marco Asensio, Dani Ceballos and Rodri featured.
Te recomendamos en English
- Covid-19 Coronavirus lock down in USA: which states and what measures have been applied?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid in talks with players over salary cuts
- Coronavirus Gerardo Martino “We are lucky to have high salaries so we must be supportive”
- FIFA Blatter denies bribery allegations in awarding of 2018 and 2022 World Cups
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Barcelona planning raid on Bernabéu for Gelabert
- Barcelona Messi's Barcelona exit would not be 'a drama' for LaLiga, says Tebas