Spain follow U21 glory with Euro U19 Championship triumph
After claiming European Under-21 Championship glory in June, Spain's U19 side have added more silverware.
Ferran Torres hit a brace as Spain beat Portugal 2-0 to win the European Under-19 Championship on Saturday.
La Roja followed up their triumph at June's continental U21 tournament with another success in Armenia.
Torres nets either side of break to win it for Spain
Torres opened the scoring in the 34th minute against last year's champions, converting a left-wing cross from Sevilla prospect Bryan Gil.
The Valencia forward struck again six minutes into the second half, turning and rifling home from inside the box to settle the Iberian derby.
Captain Abel Ruiz had a great chance to add a late third for Spain but scuffed his effort wide, before tempers boiled over in the closing stages.
Spaniards follow in footsteps of Asensio, Ceballos and Rodri
Spain celebrated victory in the annual competition for the first time since 2015, when Marco Asensio, Dani Ceballos and Rodri featured.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Mbappé vs Bayern Munich Part 2: Champions League in numbers
- TRANSFER RUMOURS Transfer talk: Lingard attracts attention from Real Madrid, PSG, Inter...
- NBA Heat Check: Miles Bridges leads depleted Hornets, down week for Dame
- SERIE A "I can reach Haaland's level": Vlahovic's unstoppable rise
- REAL MADRID Sergio Ramos tests positive for Covid-19, Real Madrid confirms
- US NEWS Covid-19 and vaccine in the US live updates: rate, where and when to get it, eligibility