More summer signings not ruled out by Real Madrid
The fall-out from the US tour coupled with the long term Asesnio injury see the club ready to move in the market in addition to the possible Pogba acquisition.
In addition to the long standing request from first team coach Zidane that Real Madrid sign Paul Pogba this summer, directors at the Santiago Bernabeú outfit have been forced to re-evaluate the club's position in the transfer market with more new acquisitions not being ruled out.
Five weeks of activity remain in the current transfer window and injuries (with that of Asesnio being the most grave), dismal results and performances at the ICC 2019 have re-opened the door to more potential signings to add to the ongoing quest to secure the signature of Pogba.
The Real Madrid hierarchy are anxious to transmit a sense of calm, conscious that a positive showing in the forthcoming 2019 Audi Cup competition in Munich next week will present an opportunity to redeem the poor showing in the three games played in the USA. Real Madrid face Tottenham on July 30th and the following day face either Bayern Munich or Fenerbahçe in the Audi Cup final or 3rd/4th place game the following day.
A poor showing in Munich, may prompt the club to activate 'Plan B' and see the Madrid actively look for a direct replacement for Marco Asensio after it was initially thought that one of new signings Takefusa Kubo or Rodrygo Goes could cover the hole left in the first team squad following the cruciate ligament damage which will see Asensio miss the entire 2019-20 campaign.
Te recomendamos en English
- VALENCIA 2-0 BARCELONA Setién: "It's possible the players are not grasping certain things"
- VALLADOLID-REAL MADRID Vinicius and Brahim omitted from Madrid squad for Valladolid
- INTER MILAN Emergency at Inter! But Conte says media make it look like club buying up Real Madrid stars
- Football Barça prospect Marques to Juve, Pereira goes other way
- LaLiga Al Shabab sign Sevilla's Argentine playmaker Banega
- VALLADOLID-REAL MADRID Sergio Ramos set to reappear against Valladolid