Mayoral to remain on loan with Levante for the 19-20 season
The striker will stay in Valencia with "Els Granotes" after both clubs agreed terms for another loan deal with no later purchase option.
Borja Mayoral will stay on loan with Levante UD as was the case for the 2018-19 season. The player was not involved in the Real Madrid North America pre-season given his involvement with the Spain side at the Euro Under-21 competition. The forward was aware that he was not part of Zinedine Zidane's plans for the forthcoming season and needed to look for an alternative club to guarantee playing time.
Earlier, it appeared that Mayoral was destined for a move to Basque side Real Sociedad but with the San Sebastian outfit finally agreeing to acquire Swedish forward Alexander Isak, the Mayoral option floundered. The player's representatives then opened talks with Levante and an agreement was reached with parent club Real Madrid stipulating that there will be no purchase option for Levante upon the conclusion of the loan term (June 30, 2020).
The 22-year-old Mayoral started with working with Real Madrid last season, even playing during the UEFA Super Cup for the club as they fell to Atlético in Tallinn, Estonia. However, he soon moved to Levante on loan, bagging five goals in 33 games for the Laliga side.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- USA News US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies aged 87
- AMAZON PRIME VIDEO The Boys Season 2: how many episodes, dates of release and when is the last one?
- Arteta: Aubameyang stayed because Arsenal is an 'incredible club' as big as Barcelona & Inter
- Liverpool Thiago: “When you win, you want to win more”
- Coronavirus Flu shot: who should get it and when?