Mayoral to remain on loan with Levante for the 19-20 season
The striker will stay in Valencia with "Els Granotes" after both clubs agreed terms for another loan deal with no later purchase option.
Borja Mayoral will stay on loan with Levante UD as was the case for the 2018-19 season. The player was not involved in the Real Madrid North America pre-season given his involvement with the Spain side at the Euro Under-21 competition. The forward was aware that he was not part of Zinedine Zidane's plans for the forthcoming season and needed to look for an alternative club to guarantee playing time.
Earlier, it appeared that Mayoral was destined for a move to Basque side Real Sociedad but with the San Sebastian outfit finally agreeing to acquire Swedish forward Alexander Isak, the Mayoral option floundered. The player's representatives then opened talks with Levante and an agreement was reached with parent club Real Madrid stipulating that there will be no purchase option for Levante upon the conclusion of the loan term (June 30, 2020).
The 22-year-old Mayoral started with working with Real Madrid last season, even playing during the UEFA Super Cup for the club as they fell to Atlético in Tallinn, Estonia. However, he soon moved to Levante on loan, bagging five goals in 33 games for the Laliga side.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Are the third stimulus checks included in 2021 IRS tax filing?
- MANCHESTER UNITED Solskjaer keeping 'fingers crossed' that Cavani stays at Man Utd
- USMNT Weston McKennie scores after facing fine for covid-19 breach
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Fastest US states to administer covid-19 vaccines
- US NEWS Covid-19 and vaccine in the US live updates: rate, where and when to get it, eligibility
- US NEWS Third stimulus check live updates: is a fourth payment coming, expected dates, plus-up payments, tracker