Gareth Bale's proposed move to China is off
The Real Madrid and Wales striker's rumoured move to Jiangsu Suning has become one of the biggest stories of the summer transfer window and is now off.
Gareth Bale’s proposed transfer to Chinese Super League side Jiangsu Suning has been called off by his Real Madrid club side, according to a report from the BBC. The 30-year-old Welsh striker is now expected to remain in the Spanish capital for the 2019-20 season which commences mid August.
Earlier reports suggested that Bale was poised to put pen to paper on a three-year deal with CSL outfit Jiangsu and earn a staggering one million pounds ($1.24 million) per week leaving Real Madrid following a six-season stint during which the player has won four UEFA Champions League titles and the 2017 La Liga title.
The news will come as a blow for head coach Zinedine Zidane who must now manage the situation of having the want-away Welshman around the dressing room having previously stated that it would be better for all concerned if the striker secured an exit. The French coach was at pains to stress in a recent press conference that ne had no personal issues with the player: "It's nothing personal. The moment arrives when you have to do what needs to be done. I have to make decisions and we need to change things. We'll see what happens. It's not personal".
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Extra 600 dollars unemployment benefits: when will it be delivered?
- Cocid-19 Worldwide coronavirus cases pass 1.5 million mark
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: are PSG pushing Kylian Mbappé away?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total USA cases and deaths, real-time map 9 April
- Sweden Zlatan trains with Hammarby as he considers future plans
- Coronavirus US unemployment figures: latest jobless claims by state