Neymar left out for PSG in next China tour fixture
While the rest of Thomas Tuchel’s squad have travelled to Suzhou to face Sydney FC, Neymar has remained at the club’s training base in Shenzen.
Neymar's return to the field for PSG – after a summer of intense speculation linking him with Barcelona – will have to wait until the beginning of the Ligue 1 campaign in August.
The Brazilian striker, who missed the Parisian club’s first of three games of their China tour against Inter Milan, will also sit out Tuesday’s clash with Sydney FC.
While the rest of Thomas Tuchel’s squad have travelled to Suzhou to face the Australian outfit, Neymar has remained at the club’s training base in Shenzen.
Neymar will miss Rennes clash due to suspension
This means Neymar will now play no part in PSG’s pre-season, as the last game of the China tour will be next Saturday against Rennes in the Trophée Des Champions, a game for which he is banned.
Neymar received a three-game sanction from the French football federation for hitting a Rennes fan after PSG’s shock French cup final defeat in May.
And the Trophée Des Champions game against Rennes in China will be the final game of that three-game ban, before PSG begin their 2019/20 Ligue 1 campaign against Nimes on Sunday, 11 August – a game in which Neymar looks increasingly likely to play with no deal with Barcelona currently in sight.
Te recomendamos en English
- Biden vs Trump Does Joe Biden want to shut down USA to control coronavirus?
- Presidential debate Presidential Debate 2020: Reactions as Trump and Biden clash
- EFL Cup Lampard and Mourinho play down touchline to-do as Spurs triumph in EFL Cup
- Election 2020 Biden - Trump debate, as it happened, reactions: USA presidential election 2020
- US NEWS | CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: will there be a new payment in October?
- US NEWS US elections 2020: who are the three moderators for the presidential debates?