WORLD CUP 2022
Works continue apace at Lusail Iconic Stadium ahead of World Cup
The Khalifa Stadium and the Janoub Stadium have already been inaugurated and both have hosted games already as Lusail Iconic works advance.
Preparations for the World Cup 2022, which takes place in Qatar, are proceeding at a rapid pace. The Lusail Iconic Stadium is taking shape, which will host the first game as well as the final along with games in the other stages.
Specifically in the inside of the stadium, things are going according to the schedule set out by Qatar's Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy and they should have eight stadiums ready a year before the start of the World Cup, which takes place on November 21, 2022.
The stadium will hold 80,000 fans, the highest number out of all the stadiums that will host games at the tournament. The stadium's design is a mixture of both ancient and modern Islamic architecture. Its facade is adorned with an arabic style, which allows the sun to enter into the stadium in both a creative and unique way.
Jassim bin Mohammed Al Thani, the founder of the State of Qatar, lived in the city of Lusail at the beginning of the last century. He was the man who build the state of Qatar where social and human development were the top priorities.
The city itself is new and modern. With the mountain of Qatar history, and that of the Middle East, the Lusail Stadium is a manifestation of the enthusiasm within the country to share Arab culture with the world.
The Khalifa Stadium and the Janoub Stadium have already been inaugurated and both have hosted games already. In order to take advantage of its cooling system, the Janoub stadium will host some games during the opening five weeks of the Qatar League which starts on August 21.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS David Beckham's Inter Miami and in sponsorship talks with Qatar
- SERIE A Inter Milan director confirms Christian Eriksen bid and agreement for Chelsea's Victor Moses
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola focused on improving Manchester City rather than chasing Liverpool
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Ousmane Dembélé enters the final phase of his recovery
- ARITZ GABILONDO Reinier, a classic No. 10 in the same mould as Kaká or Rai
- FOOTBALL Messi, Aubameyang, Pogba... 15 stars who are out of contract in 2021