Zidane returns to Madrid with 28 players including James
Real Madrid returned to Valdebebas for training on Monday before flying out to Germany and Zidane has 28 players to count on but wants to trim that down.
Twenty one days later, Madrid return home. Three weeks after their first meeting for preseason, Zidane's side returned to Valdebebas on Monday where they began training at 10:00 before their flight to Munich.
In Germany, they play the Audi Cup on Tuesday and Wednesday against Tottenham and Bayern Munich or Fenerbahçe. During this time, since those first physical tests were done on July 8, the squad has been losing players due to injured and departures.
They will have 28 players on Monday including Rodrygo and Kubo at the Ciudad Deportiva at Veldebebas.
Time running out to offload players
Amongst those players will be James, although it wouldn't be strange if he didn't show up given his current situation. He seems as far away from Atlético Madrid as ever. The Colombian, like Bale and Mariano, are on the brink of leaving as none of them are counted on by Zizou.
The new additions in the squad will be Fede Valverde and the Brazilian contingent, Casemiro and Militao, who all played at the Copa América. The manager's plan is to have two full strength teams -- 22 players. But at the moment that number stands at 28.
Te recomendamos en English
- LA Galaxy Chicharito: When I talked about retirement I meant because of my age not the MLS
- Copa del Rey 2019-20 Zaragoza vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- MASCHERANO 'Messi's unique ability can extend his future' - Mascherano
- BRUNO FERNANDES | MANCHESTER UNITED Bruno Fernandes is on his way to join Manchester United
- BARCELONA Barcelona youth product Carles Pérez makes €13m Roma switch
- Premier League Guardiola admits mistake over Man City crowd comments